YILDIRIM Group is a family-owned business, headquartered in Turkey, with operations in 21 countries and 11 sectors – ranging from metals & mining, coal & coke, energy, fertilizers & chemicals, to port management, logistics, shipping, shipbuilding, industrial construction, and real estate development. YILDIRIM Group of Companies today employ more than 12,000 people around the globe, and invested more than USD 5 billion in finance strategic acquisitions, modernization and improvement projects.
For our growing organization, we are looking for a ‘Purchasing Manager’ to be based in YILDIRIM Group Headquarter, Maslak Office.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related departments of universities,
- Minimum 10 years of experience in procurement, contract management and vendor relations,
- Minimum 5 years of managerial experience especially leading teams in different locations,
- Understanding of strategic sourcing, demand levers and cross-functional approaches,
- Experience in working with a diverse workforce at all levels,
- Key skills and abilities include leadership, customer orientation, influencing, facilitation, communication, process development, analysis, and problem solving,
- Experienced in communication with national and international suppliers and internal customers,
- Full understanding of transaction processing in procurement relevant systems (including SAP),
- Proven ability to work independently, manage deadlines and multiple priorities; work under pressure and handle confidential information appropriately,
- Strong time and project management skills,
- Fluent in Turkish and English (oral and written),
- No travel restrictions for both Turkey and abroad,
- No military obligation for male candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTIONReporting to Executive Procurement Director of YILDIRIM Group, Purchasing Manager is responsible for the cost effective acquisition of materials and services to meet YILDIRIM Holding local and global needs in various regions all over the world. The role generally deals with anything relating to the ordering of materials, services and supplies for the Holding and its group companies across borders. Main duties include identifying suppliers, comparing prices, specifications, terms and delivery dates to determine the optimum one to utilize, preparing purchase orders and subcontracts, responding to internal and supplier inquiries, reviewing requisition orders to verify accuracy, specifications and terminology.
- Establish procurement strategies for acquisition, receiving and tracking of project materials with YILDIRIM Holding Management that optimize quality, cost, and timely delivery criteria,
- Work collaboratively with YILDIRIM Holding Management Team to coordinate supplier selection, credit and terms, track supplier performance standards, and conduct ongoing evaluation,
- Collaborating with respective departments to ensure all required specification of the service/material before tender process,
- Developing and implementing purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures in line with YILDIRIM Holding Procurement Management,
- Preparing the reports requested by YILDIRIM Holding Management Team,
- Take an active role in SAP business transformation project to set up the procurement standards and business processes that will be in line with the compliance and segregation of duties,
- Prepare procurement execution plans and oversee the full array of materials management and procurement functions of purchasing, expediting, shipping, receipt and inspections, and logistics,
- Develop plans for the effective organization, work in cooperation with the procurement teams of group companies in order to meet the expectations as well as assist them when necessary,
- Support, and in some cases lead, cost reduction efforts.