Vestel is searching for a Material Science Researcher to be employed in Vestel Elektronik San. ve Tic. AŞ. Manisa OSB Central Plant and/or Celal Bayar University Research Centre.
- PhD degree in Material Science and Engineering, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering with research in material or related field,
- At least 5 years of experience in either technical, professional or academic,
- Strong academic publications or patents in relevant field,
- Understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout a rapidly emerging environment,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook),
- No military obligation for male candidates,
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team,
- Living or able to live in İzmir or Manisa.
As a Researcher, you are responsible for researching new opportunities in material science and engineering, leading the projects on different topics, such as; advanced materials, novel alloys, polymers, energy storage devices, batteries and nanomaterials. You flawlessly lead projects and integrate new technology in material science to Vestel R&D functions.
- Plan and conduct new research and development projects in material science and engineering discipline,
- Implement all research duty inside the scope of the related discipline, and performs other duties as assigned or required,
- Continuously investigate state-of-the art, such as; products, market, exhibitions, all academic publishes and patents in material science and engineering disciplines, and preparing reports to inform colleagues,
- Managing and initializing projects which requires high level material science knowledge, and strengths Vestel competitive position globally with those projects,
- Mentoring R&D and manufacturing departments,
- Able to offer courses in corporate university program,
- Coordinates project proposal preparation for research funds (TUBITAK and various EU funds),
- Liaison between startup investments of Vestel and Vestel R&D inside scope of related discipline,
- Contact point between Universities and managing University Collaboration’s,
- Continuously investigate new investment opportunities on technology startups.
City/Country: İzmir, Manisa
Posting Date: 26.06.2019
The Number of People to be Hired: (Not Specified)