QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
(Location: Ankara - Turkey)
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work.
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As Regional Attorney - Turkey, Mediterranean area and North Africa, you will be responsible for providing legal support for the Electrical and Industrial business in the Mediterranean area, in Turkey and in Northern Africa. You will provide legal support in commercial, labor, corporate and other matters in the said region and ensuring that transactions between the subsidiary companies and third parties are conducted so as to safeguard Eaton’s interests, and that legal, regulatory and compliance risks are identified and mitigated. You will be located in Ankara, Turkey and will report to the Director of Legal Affairs EMEA.
Your key deliverables:
- Provide legal support for the Electrical and Industrial business in the Mediterranean area, in Turkey and in Northern Africa including:
o Develop and improve on legal strategies to be applied in said region.
o Design and implement procedures and processes to support those strategies, along with metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of those processes.
o Proactively identify changes in law or regulation that would have an impact on the business in the said region.
o Work closely with operations management to ensure that legal services provided meet business needs.
o Work closely with other EMEA Law Department attorneys on various departmental matters.
o Work closely with the corporate secretarial EMEA team on various corporate matters pertaining to Electrical and Industrial operations in said region.
o Continuously keep other members of the Law department informed to the extent required.
o Select, direct, actively manage and assess outside counsel as needed.
o Assist in directing/managing litigation, as needed.
- Turkish-qualified lawyer, with at least a Bachelor’s degree in Law / JD Degree. Master’s level degree in Law would be a plus
- At least 3-6 years of experience encompassing in-house Legal experience in a corporate environment
- Highly fluent in Turkish, English and French. Working knowledge of Arabic would be a very high plus.
- Strong business acumen, able to understand the short- and long-term operations/needs of the business and devise action plans from a Legal perspective
- Excellent communication skills
- Distinctive managerial courage with a high level of engagement
- Invested in continuous learning and improvement
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Eaton Business System offering various tools for management and people development
- Great promotional opportunities – Eaton encourages internal promotion, whenever possible
(Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening. – if applicable)