QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
We are looking for a team member who completed his/her BSc. in Chemistry and MSc. in Organic/Inorganic Chemistry. Experience in a similar position for 3 years. A candidate must be capable of designing, leading and finalizing experiment(s) alone. A candidate must, also, know isolation, purification, and characterization techniques to identify products for which there is little precedent. In this regard, a candidate must be comfortable for selecting the right techniques from chromatographic and spectroscopic methods. In addition, a candidate must have theoretical and practical knowledge about the following devices: NMR, FTIR, XRD, Elemental Analyzer, GC-MS, ICP-MS, ICP-OES, Raman, UV-Vis, Fluorometer, and Flash Chromatography.
• To prepare, analyze and evaluate samples from ongoing and/or new projects using proper techniques and to report to the upper management.
• To track and improve the large-scale applications of newly synthesized chemical(s).
• To help the ongoing projects, to propose new chemistry projects and technologies, to prepare technical report(s) to overcome chemistry related problem(s) in the factory, to cooperate with other team member(s) when there is a chemistry work package in the project, and to keep record of standard work(s) in the frame of lean production.
• To help brainstorming new ideas about textile chemistry.
• To be familiar with writing project proposal(s) for new ideas.
• To lead project(s) in detail while bearing the experimental design, synthesis, characterization, application, and so on in the mind.
• To have an excellent science communication ability while explaining the outcomes of the project(s) to our customers.
• To implement a holistic patent strategy for newly discovered materials, methods and applications.
• To present the project(s) in the national and/or international conferences.
• To defend the projects and their outcomes to the inspectors who are evaluating R&D centers.
• To write paper(s) based on the outcomes of the project(s) and to publish them in the international journals.
• To prepare technical report(s) about newly discovered technologies when there is a demand from the upper management.
• To look for solutions to the current chemistry problems through the lens of scientific approaches.
• To adapt the documentation system of the department and to keep track of projects using this system.