QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
• BSc degree in a Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering is a plus.
• 5+ year’s related experience is a plus.
• Excellent analytical problem solving skills.
• Versatile problem solver, positive and have "can do" attitude towards colleagues.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Good command of written and spoken English.
• Domain knowledge in similar businesses or e-commerce is a huge plus.
• Excellent Programming skills, Java/Python is a huge plus.
• Good understanding of message queues. Kafka knowledge is a plus.
• Understanding of distributed computing principles. Spark knowledge is a plus.
• Technical experience in key relational database and BI tools - SQL, QlikView, QlikSense or Tableau is a huge plus.
Reporting to the CTO and working closely with Business Intelligence Team;
• Design, create and manage the DWH Model so that the BI platform can run smoothly and efficiently.
• Develop ETL processes on Vertica Advanced Analytics Platform. Monitor and take necessary action on ETL via Azkaban.
• Guide/Help System Administration team on Vertica Database Administration.
• Development/Maintenance of Big Data Pipeline running from production servers through Kafka to Vertica and Hadoop carrying 100+ Billion messages monthly.
• Develop tooling / automatization for creating new tables and views, carrying out necessary transformations on Vertica to cover the needs of BI activities.
• Monitor the data quality and data flow on Vertica.
• Use the technical expertise and improve quality and effectiveness of DWH model for more efficient and optimized Business Intelligence operations.