QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
REWE Far East Ltd. is the sourcing organization for REWE Group in Asia. With offices in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Bangkok and Istanbul. REWE Far East strengthens REWE Group’s strategic purchasing activities in the Asian region, bundling the procurement of all food and non-food products in Asia. REWE Far East purchases products primary for the German retail brands of REWE Group: REWE full-range stores, PENNY discount stores and toom Baumarkt DIY stores, but also services REWE Group’s daughter companies, e.g. PENNY International and BILLA Austria.
REWE Group, with its headquarters in Cologne, Germany, is one of the largest food retailers in Europe with a strong non-food business base. Serving customers through various channels such as supermarkets, discount stores and DIY stores in 21 European countries, REWE Group generates an annual turnover of over 60 billion euros (2018).
QUALITY TECHNICIAN POSITION (FRESH FRUITS AND VEGETABLES)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assurance of Quality requirements for purchased products in compliance with company standards e.g.
- Checking all the required certificates including the social compliance certificates and providing guidance to suppliers.
- Transferring order-related quality requirements to suppliers
- Requesting and verifying the supplier product specifications from supplier and pass them to the buying department
- Conducting packing house and farm audits and reporting the results
- Participating in supplier assessments and article selection
- Visiting factories and production areas prior to production and during the production to ensure the production can comply with the requirements and to ensure a smooth operation.
- Organizing sample sending to Germany and labs.
- Coordinating inspection, audit and test sampling to external services partners, e.g. laboratories as needed
- Issue and communicate a quality control plan.
- Evaluating test results, audit and inspection results and supervision of corrective actions
- Quality checks and handling of loading inspections of fruits and vegetables
- Quality checking of samples and technical documents including the respective documentation
- Participating in production and shipment release processes
- Compiling a weekly report related to upcoming and existing issues with recommendations for possible solutions.
- Supporting the German QM Division to define product specifications and quality assurance measures
- Supporting the Buyers and Germany QM for all kind of quality related questions
- Supporting the Quality Manager Food in reporting on quality relevant KPIs
- Responsible for maintaining day-to-day supplier and service partner relationship and efficient communication flow during for the quality related topics together with Quality Manager
· Bachelor’s Degree or above in Food Engineering/ Agricultural Engineering/ Food Technology or related disciplines
· Minimum 3 years in quality management in consumer goods industry, consumer goods retail company, product development preferable in fresh and dried food
· Understanding of the agricultural development and quality aspects of the fresh fruits and vegetables
· Self-driven, result-oriented, analytical skills , good communication skills, strong assertiveness
· Experience in factory audits, inspections and production supervision in the food industry will be an advantage
· Good computer skills and quick adoption of new systems
· Flexibility for extended travels and working hours
· Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
· Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
· Excellent in written and spoken English
· German speaking will be an advantage