QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Mazars can rely on the skills of 23.000 professionals operating in 310 offices in 89 countries. Mazars also has correspondents and joint ventures in 19 additional countries. Our firm was founded by two partners as a simple accounting firm in 1977. Today Mazars Turkey operates in seven offices Istanbul (2 offices), Ankara, Bursa, Denizli, Gaziantep and Izmir with more than 330 persons workforce. As we realized the importance of an international presence we became a member of the French originated company, Mazars in 1998. As Mazars Turkey, we are among the top 5 Audit & Accounting firms in Turkey. We serve a portfolio of more than 1.400 clients in various sectors from which 50% are multinational companies with our 34 partners (including 15 Sworn Financial Advisors). From the date of establishment, our mission is to expand our clients, in accordance with International Auditing, Internal Auditing and Accounting Standards.
Transfer Pricing: Transfer pricing regulations were initiated in order to prevent companies taking part in unlawful tax competition in the international arena and to prevent corrosion of tax assessments related to the group companies’ trades of goods and services. Parallel to the development of international trade, transfer pricing has become a matter of priority for every country. A career within Transfer Pricing services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients develop compliant, tax efficient structures that help advance their business goals. Our team is responsible for all aspects of intercompany pricing arrangements between related business entities, including transfers of intellectual property, transfers of tangible goods, services and loans, and other transactions.
Tax Due Diligence: Our experience indicates that identified tax risks can have a significant impact on the market value of the target company and might constitute a crucial argument in price negotiation process for an M&A project. The aim of the tax due diligence is the analysis of the target’s tax treatment in respect of its consistency with tax regulations. Our services in respect of tax due diligence include, in particular, analysis of the target’s tax settlements and social security contributions in order to identify tax risks and analysis of decisions concerning historical tax controls undertaken by relevant authorities
What tasks will you be doing?
• Performs and drafts economic analyses that includes the necessary financial information by applying basic accounting principles, financial/transactional data concepts, and standard data sources.
• Prepares basic transfer pricing documentation based on relevant economic and accounting principles and their interplay with Transfer Pricing (TP) rules.
• Performs benchmark analyses using global databases such as Thomson Reuters.
• Provides assistance on tax due diligence projects
• Excellent business writing and communication skills in English to prepare transfer pricing and advisory reports, business proposals, etc.
• Bachelors or Masters level degree focused on Finance/Economics/Econometrics, or in similar area
• Previous transfer pricing or tax experience is not necessary
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PPT) • Ability to comprehend and work with large financial datasets
• Ability to read, interpret and analyse tax laws and global transfer pricing guidelines
• Showcase commercial awareness and a desire to learn and develop technically
• Ability to integrate and work effectively within the team
• High level enthusiasm with a "can do" attitude