QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Founded in Istanbul in 1991, Mavi designs a full collection of jeans-wear, for young women and men. Mavi, Turkey’s first global fashion brand, has been the leading jeans brand in Turkey for the last 20 years. Mavi is now sold at over 5500 specialty stores, department stores and specialty chains in 35 countries including the US, Canada, Australia, Germany, Netherlands, Russia and Turkey. Mavi has 20 showrooms and over 406 retail stores with flagship stores in New York, Vancouver, Berlin, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Munich, Dubai, Moscow and İstanbul. Apart from its own retailing network, Mavi is available at leading international chain stores including Bloomingdale’s, Nordstrom, Urban Outfitters, Lord&Taylor, Peek&Cloppenburg, and David Jones, and is sold next to premium and high end brands.
Mavi’s philosophy is to build a brand around perfect fitting jeans that convey a Mediterranean feeling in terms of fashion and detail. “Maviterranean” is exotic, inspirational, contemporary and accessible. Mavi, which means “blue” in Turkish, is known for high quality, great fitting and fashion-forward premium denim that not only fits the bodies of its customers, but also their lifestyles and quality expectations.
With the approach of “design carries the product to the brand”, Mavi cooperates with designers and consultants from all over the world and has a multi-cultural designer team based in İstanbul. Most famous and successful jean designer Adriano Goldschmied, queen of best-fits Venucia de Russi, Rıfat Özbek, who designed his first jeans collection for Mavi, Hussein Chalayan, who designed his first collection with a Turkish brand, are some of the world famous designers that Mavi has already worked with.
Primary Purpose: As the “Design Assistant", you will contribute to the the seasonal and collaborative design process forOutwear (Men).
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design,
- New graduated or 1-3 years of experience in fashion retail sector,
- Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Excel Must
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to function in a fast-paced environment Strong color sense
- Must Extremely detail-oriented and be organized with the ability to handle multiple priorities at once.
- Ability to work in fluid environment with changing priorities
- Work within Outwear Design team to execute seasonal design concepts,
- Keeps up to date with emerging fashion trends, and assist in research and development of seasonal trends, the preparation of meetings,
- Prepares technical design sheets including technical designs and detailed information,
- Participates in conceptual development of line, plans and develops ranges,
- Assist in the preparation of sample and inspirational artwork organization,
- Keep up with current trends; research silhouettes and fabrics,
- Maintain all style, color and art updates, assist in spec drawings,
- Assist design teams in all aspects of design process.