QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
We are in search of an experienced "PMO Project Manager" to be employed in our company serving in the defense industry in Teknokent Ankara.
PMO Project Manager (PPM) reports to R&D Unit Director. PPM main role is to execute the R&D Unit Directors decisions. PPM will play the lead role in planning, executing, monitoring, controlling and closing all R&D projects.
PPM is accountable for the entire project scopes, project teams, resources, and the success or failure of the projects. PPM is expected to be vigilant and energetic to ensure everyone is performing their task correctly.
PPM will work on several projects at a time and oversee a group of people to ensure the set of objectives for each project are met.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIRED SKILLS:
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, business, or a related field
* 5-8 years’ experience with project management in projects of software development, UAS development, electronics development is considered a plus.
* Fluent in the Turkish and English language both oral and written.
*Excellent oral and written communication skills including formal presentation skills before both small and large groups, including customers, peers and managers
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
* Proven ability to solve problems creatively
* Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
* Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
* Excellent analytical skills
* Ability to think “out of the box"
* Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
* Demonstrated ability to drive and report metrics. Must be proficient with the use of Microsoft Office Suite
* Ability to accurately complete daily, weekly, or monthly project status and issues reports.
* Must be self-confident and able to plan, organize, implement, and follow-up, accept and adapt to change while being prompt, professional and responsive to employee and customer needs.
Day-to-Day activities include:
* Using PM tools to;
- define and assign tasks to the R&D team
-follow up issues and related actions
-balance the workload of the R&D team
-identify bottlenecks and propose solutions
-follow up on project requirements
- ensure material requests are placed and procurements performed correctly
* Identify problems and changes in the requirements for resources and propose solutions
* Prepare update "Project Documentation"
* Discuss new projects, plan and execute meetings to initiate a project and prepare project plan and budget
* Determine and define project scope and objectives with input from management, business development and R&D teams.
* Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
* Prepare budget based on scope of work and resource requirements
* Track project costs to meet budget
* Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan
* Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
* Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
* Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
* Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed
* Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement