QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
GE Renewable Energy is a $10 billion start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power and more recently turbine blades, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 400+ gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner. With more than 22,000 employees present in more than 55 countries, GE Renewable Energy is backed by the resources of the world’s first digital industrial company. Our goal is to demonstrate to the rest of the world that nobody should ever have to choose between affordable, reliable, and sustainable energy.
LM Wind Power, a GE Renewable Energy Company (approx. 9300 employees globally), is the world’s leading supplier of blades and service to the wind industry, and the only supplier that operates on a global basis. The wind turbine industry is becoming increasingly complex, with radical progress made over the last few decades, providing great opportunities for professional development and a work environment that promotes initiative and creativity. If working in a company which creates state-of-the-art technology and processes attracts you, LM Wind Power has a career for you.
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field.
- Minimum 10 years prior professional work experience, including 5 yrs experience in HR leadership role gained in international manufacturing environment.
- Required to travel 15% of the time
- Fluent in Turkish and English
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to assess situations make judgments based on practice or previous experience
- Create fair and motivating workplace securing Fair Employee Practices
- Shopfloor oriented person
- Excellent communication skills at levels of the organization
- Practical / proven experience dealing with Trade Unions
- Strong presence, seen as influential & respected by leadership
- Ability to work in changing environments, see through complexity and strategically promote an inclusive/diverse workforce
- Confidence to voice opinions & ideas and willingness to deliver tough feedback/coaching to leadership
As a member of the Plant Management team in Bergama, you will be responsible for developing and executing the HR strategy for the plant (around 400 employees) and especially supporting a significant growth in the next 2 years. You will provide expertise and guidance in talent acquisition, hourly population management, manager coaching, talent assessment and development, succession planning, performance management ...
This role requires deep expertise in a manufacturing environment.
Your key responsibilities will include the full of scope of a Plant HR Manager role :
- Facilitate internal communications
- Ensure legal compliance
- In general ensure administrative excellence
- Provide timely, effective and direct coaching to the plant management team, assisting in the development of strong, contemporary leadership skills
- Strengthen the LM Employee Value Proposition
- Build necessary strategic cooperation with educational institutions on a national/local level
- Define external sourcing strategy and as part of this, utilize social media potential to ensure efficient recruitment processes
- Ensure plant/department talent review
- Ensure talent pipeline
- Ensure succession planning
- Ensure relevant leadership training
- Facilitate Key Talent Development programs
- Facilitate the performance management process
- Ensure that unambiguous roles and responsibilities are defined, in job descriptions and/or otherwise
- Ensure that reward and recognition programs are implemented
- Ensure employee career paths are closely linked to actual performance, potential, and ambitions
- Ensure timely, valid, and complete HR reporting
- Ensure yearly compensation planning
- Manage relationships with employee representatives
- Manage the plant HR team