QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Manage the buying process for a given set of goods. Apply sourcing policy, interface between supplier and entity with respect to specifications and budgets. Positions requiring understanding of a concepts, methods and procedures to enable sourcing execution.
Essential Responsibilities :
• Organize and Lead procurement activities: Purchase Order (PO) launch and follow-up, day-to-day interactions with suppliers during project execution (Raw material commodity)
• Ensure & assess supplier performance with support of Commodity Buyer
• Implement the strategy set by the Commodity Buyer and the material management team,
• Interact with SC leader, CB, Supplier QA people on QCD requirements,
• By delegation of Sourcing department and CB, for a defined amount of order, perform purchasing of goods in compliance with sourcing requirements (Frame agreements, competitive bidding…).
? Lunch RFQ for raw material scope (<50k €) under the commodity buyer control, business award
Business award creation etc.
? Raw material supplier coaching, PO follow up ensure quality and on tie delivery (In case of issue, difficulties etc)
Interact with Supply Chain & Sourcing departments to understand needs and provide full visibility on changes in QCD requirements
• Lead procurement activities in accordance with the strategy set by the commodity buyer:
• Place PO in the system,
• Ensure PO acknowledgement,
• Lead kick-off meetings when required
• Manage the PO execution & close follow-up (incl. expediting, inspections (with Quality), delivery (time, quantity, & quality), documentation, reception acknowledgment, payment…) and keep ERP system updated to reflect any change (change of dates, order variation…),
• Support Supply Chain & Sourcing for NCR & Claim management.
• On delegation by the CB, when applicable, take part in purchasing activities. Place RFQ, negotiate PO, award business
• Alert CB and project whenever needed (QCD at risk, claims, PO changes...), and take part in conflict resolution
• For his backlog, perform action plan follow-up in order to secure OTD and reach expected performance. Ensure & assess supplier performance with support of CB
• Ensure financial follow-up of POs in order to ensure supplier payment is done on a time, especially regarding acknowledged payment term & country regulation.
• Monitor and report his/her regions supplier GE Hydro PO execution status
Desired Characteristics :
• Mandatory: Master’s degree. Experience in sourcing/purchasing of technical components or degree in sourcing with experience in mechanical or electrical engineering, Experience on project and process.
• Optional: Engineer with MBA or equivalent
Knowledge / Experience
• Mandatory skills and knowledge: Negotiation, legal, English, ERP handling, Project management, planning tools, usual PC and internet applications.
• Optional: Quality design and manufacturing process
Behavioral and Technical Skills / Competencies
• Supplier selection & relationship management
• Preparing and leading negotiation with suppliers
• Planning & supply management
• Project time management
• Autonomy, harshness
• Bring its contribution to the team
• Written and spoken communication
• English: professional capacity