QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
· Routing and design of transmission and distribution lines utilizing the Power Line Systems software suite including PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, and TOWER
· Structure analysis and loading trees, developing design criteria and specifications for the T&D line design and procurement of materials, project cost estimating, and quality control reviews.
· Should be familiar with industry codes and standards and have experience as the technical lead on projects.
· Will prepare outline drawings and lead final technical documentation for manufacturing and construction of transmission line projects.
· Providing leadership, guidance and instruction to less experienced staff members.
· Regularly meets and corresponds with clients or outside personnel.
· Some commercial and marketing responsibilities when necessary.
· Bachelor's degree in Civil, Structural, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering from a reputable university. Master degree is plus.
· Minimum 5 years of related experience with routing, design, and specification of high voltage overhead transmission and/or distribution lines.
· Experience in 12kV to 500kV line design and working knowledge and/or expertise in Power Line Systems software suite (i.e., PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, TOWER, etc.) required.
· Excellent written & verbal communication skills for English.
· Ability to work in a team environment, as well as strong analytical and problem solving skills.